With a coastline longer than that of the whole of France, Argyll gives a huge variety of diving potential. We have diving and snorkelling to suit all levels of experience.
Although based in Oban we can pick up in many locations round the coastline and also base ourselves elsewhere for expeditions. We spend a lot of the summer working in Tobermory and Coll for up to week so long expeditions are also a speciality of ours. In these cases we are shore-based. Combined with a fast boat you can reach far flung areas but having shore based comforts!
We have our own RIB ‘Cearban’ a highly capable dive boat, we can cruise at 20 knots+ getting you to the dive site quickly and safely. She’s has all the great features of a hard boat but with all the speed of a RIB. A perfect combination
- Redbay Stormforce 9.1m Cabin RIB – MCA Cat 3 Coding – 12 Divers
- 2 x 245HP Inboard Diesel Engines (490hp total)
- Full Safety Features – Liferaft, LifeJackets, VHF, Radar, Raymarine ChartPlotter & Sounder.
- Dive Ladder & Bottle Racks, Oxygen & First Aid Onboard
- Cabin & Deck Shelter
- Sheltered Bench Seating, Cabin Power Supply, Portable Toilet (for longer days away- although we prefer to take you to nice shore based toilets.
- Electrical supply which powers the important kettle and shower!!!
Rebreather, RIB, Diving, ObanFor close inshore diving we can take up to 12 divers, further afield we drop this down to 10 and technical diving groups with multiple stage cylinders and long distance trips would be max 8.
With our cruising speed around 20knots we can quickly reach our dive sites, with the hull design there is no roll meaning we have a very stable platform. For longer day trips we prefer to stop in the isles for some time ashore. Otherwise for close trips inshore we come back to the marina to relax for lunch.
Your enquiry will go directly to Dive Oban & Argyll
Dive Oban & Argyll will respond to your enquiry within 24 hours
There is no obligation to make a booking
This dive centre hasn't been tagged in any dive reports yet.